PCB Conformal Coating Services
Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) are subjected to extreme environments, temperature fluctuations, and other environmental hazards and contaminants including moisture, salt, fungus, chemicals, and dust. They are also exposed to abrasions, vibrations, and heavy impact during their service life. All these cause severe damage to the board, leading to electrical leakage, short circuit, and corrosion of conductors and solder joints. Therefore, protection of PCBs is essential to gain extra reliability, an optimum performance, and long product life cycle. Here is where the service of Accelerated Assemblies’ PCB conformal coating comes into play. Offering a full range of PCB conformal coating services, we help shield sensitive electronic components against harsh environmental conditions, thereby enhancing the product reliability.
Types of Conformal Coating Services Offered by Us
As the name implies, conformal coatings ‘conform’ to the circuit board topology, thus forming a protective chemical or polymer film barriers over the board. Choosing the right coating solution is crucial, as it determines the functionality of your electronics within that application. At Accelerated Assemblies, we own several years of professional experience with conformal coatings, and thus consider several factors stringently before making a selection. The factors we consider include temperature range in the application area, humidity/condensation range, and presence of salt, and other debris, among several others.
While there are numerous conformal coating types available, we at Accelerated Assemblies provide the following coating options to meet the requirements of various industries.
- Urethane Coating: These are durable coatings that offer outstanding dielectric properties for a long period. Urethane conformal coatings provide benefits of toughness, flexibility, low moisture absorbency, and excellent resistance to abrasions and solvents.
- Parylene Coating: These are ultra-thin, pinhole-free polymer coatings that provide uniform coating coverage. This coating is applied at ambient temperatures using vacuum method. They are known for their excellent moisture, chemical, and dielectric barrier properties.
- Silicone Coating: They are semi-permeable media produced from elastoplastic or elastomeric materials. The soft, transparent, and flexible coating provides benefits such as easy repairability, low toxicity, good thermal, UV, and humidity resistance, and versatility in terms of processing.
- Acrylic Coating: These are solvent-based coatings that are recognized for their high dielectric strength. Also, these coatings are popular for their cost-effectiveness, toughness, transparency, and easy application and repair. The primary advantage is that, additional solvents can be added to the original compound for improving its viscosity. Due to this, acrylic coatings exhibit low moisture absorption and short drying times. Acrylic coatings can be considered as the basic entry-level protection, and are perhaps the most popular of all conformal coating materials.
- Epoxy Coating: These coatings are mainly designed for PCBs used in applications involving strong chemicals and rough environments. Epoxy coatings provide immense chemical and abrasion resistance. They are designed to be extremely hard and have an opaque appearance.
Methods We Employ to Apply Conformal Coatings
At Accelerated Assemblies, PCB conformal coatings are applied on the finished PCBs in any of the following ways:
Spraying: The coating is applied using a spray booth, or an aerosol can, or a spray gun. This method results in a full coverage coating at a faster rate.
Dipping: The component is directly dipped vertically, horizontally, or at a particular angle into a tank of conformal coating liquid to provide a complete coverage. The board is dipped manually or automatically offering reliable coating penetration
To ensure that both these methods meet industry standards and client expectations, we utilize CNC machines and robotic platforms to apply the coatings. This gives us the freedom to take on product coating projects of any size. We also ensure that the PCB conformal coating services we offer are:
- Applied to a clean and properly prepared surface
- Safe to be applied onto sterile and prepared boards
- Compatible with the application environment
- Reliable in terms of performance, cost-effective, re-workable protection
- Suitable for the environment to which it will be exposed
- Compliant to the standards
We deliver the most in-depth PCB conformal coating services to the customers from the following industries:
Accelerated Assemblies own years of industry experience, highly-trained personnel, quality materials/process solutions, and robust quality management system to deliver you the unprecedented printed circuit board conformal coating services. If you have questions about specific PCB Conformal Coating, contact Accelerated Assemblies at (630) 616-6680 or email to email@example.com.