Today, it is easy to find PCB manufacturers providing consignment, turnkey, and hybrid assembly services. In the turnkey process, the manufacturer holds responsibility for the PCB manufacturing. Everything right from material procurement to assembly is performed by the manufacturer. However, consignment PCB assembly services require the customer to provide the materials needed to build a PCB. The hybrid assembly requires customers to provide selected materials, and parts, whereas the manufacturer procures the balance of material. In this post, we will discuss consignment-assembly services in detail.
4 Reasons Why Consignment PCB Assembly Services are in Demand
Consignment assembly services provide certain benefits to customers. Here are the four ways they are set to benefit:
- Quality Control: As discussed earlier, in this type of service, a customer is required to procure all the necessary parts for the assembly. This helps them exercise quality control, and stay assured that the PCB will meet their requirements. Apart from this, many manufacturers provide the benefit of stocking consignments. This means customers can buy a product and stock it at manufacturer’s facility. Also, manufacturers will send them timely alerts regarding the inventory status.
- Quality Assurance: Most manufacturers who provide this service follow some quality procedures, which allows users to receive quality products. It is seen that such manufacturers employ advanced testing techniques, such as X-ray inspection, Hipot testing, in-circuit testing, automated testing equipment, etc. These testing techniques help ensure high-quality products.
- Automated Assembly Helps Save on Lead Times: Manufacturers employ automated assembly machines, which allow customers to take advantage of minimized lead times. Also, the automated assembly equipment help reduce errors, improve accuracy, and maintain consistency in component placement.
- Helps Keep Manufacturing Costs Low: Consignment assembly services allow customers to outsource their labor, and keep their manufacturing costs low. Also, these services relieve them of hassles required to maintain their own facility. Many reliable manufacturers like Accelerated Assemblies provide various mounting options such as:
- Surface Mounted Technology (SMT)
- Plated Through Hole (PTH)
- Mixed Technology
In addition to that, customers can avail RoHS 5 and RoHS 6 compliant assemblies, leaded or lead-free assemblies, single or double-sided mixed technology assemblies, etc.
Above-mentioned benefits suggest why consignment services are in demand, and how they allow customers to get quality PCBs easily. To know more consignment services provided by Accelerated Assemblies, contact us at the earliest.