A Printed Circuit Board (PCB), which is also referred to as etched wiring board or Printed Wiring Board (PWB), is a board used to electrically connect electronic components. Today, PCBs find their use in an endless range of applications. There are different types of PCBs, which are used for different applications. The types of PCBs are:
- Rigid-Flex PCBs
- Flex PCBs
- Rigid PCBs
- Single Sided PCBs
- Single Layer PCBs
- Double Sided PCBs
- Double Layer PCBs
- Multilayer PCBs
In this post, we will discuss more about single sided PCBs. What are these PCBs? What are their benefits? Where are they used? Read on the post to get answers to these questions.
What is a Single Sided PCB?
Single sided PCBs are a type of circuit boards having components mounted on its one side, whereas the conducting wires are connected at the other side. It is one of the most popular, yet basic and simple PCB types. These PCBs are made by laminating one thin layer of a thermally conductive and electrically insulating dielectric with copper. Generally, a layer of soldermask is added over the copper layer.
What are the Benefits of Using Single Sided PCBs?
You must be thinking, why these PCBs are considered to the best choice for a huge list of applications. It is because of the numerous advantages that these PCBs have. Following are some advantages of single sided PCBs:
- Single sided PCBs are easily understandable by most of the manufacturers. Besides this, they are commonly used in a wide variety of applications, which makes them popular.
- Single sided printed circuit boards are considered a perfect choice for simple low-density designs.
- These PCBs face lesser issues at the time of manufacturing process. This helps speed up the manufacturing process.
- These types of PCBs can be availed at lower costs, particularly in case of high volume orders.
Where are the Single Sided PCBs Used?
Single sided PCBs find their application across a wide range of applications including:
- Camera Systems
- Radio and Stereo Equipment
- Industrial and Automotive Relays
- Solid State Drives
- Power Supplies
The information given above, will help you in understanding the importance of single sided PCBs. It will also guide you in selecting the right type of PCB for your application requirement. To get additional information on the topic, you can visit https://acceleratedassemblies.com/ and contact the experts, such as Accelerated Assemblies , who will guide you through selecting the right type of PCB based on your requirements.